Posts in: Culture Change

mergers

Top 5 To-Do’s When Your Merger Press Release Hits The Wire

Co-Authored by: Sarah Le Roy In our last blog post, 90% of Mergers Fail Without These 5 Crucial Elements, we focused on the organization’s role in a merger. Today, we’re focusing on the individual’s role  - people absolutely can and...
train tracks merging

90% of Mergers Fail Without These 5 Crucial Elements

Co-Authored by: Rachana Dixit 90%: That’s the failure rate for mergers and acquisitions, according to Harvard Business Review. So how can you ensure your newly merged organization is part of the other 10%? First let’s look at all work every...

[VIDEO] Killer Kindness: 3 Ways to Transform Your Life With the Power of Tiny Actions

You may read this title and think, “Well of course you should always be nice, kind, caring, or whatever, but we want to do a lot of things we don’t actually do.” But I suggest you put this at the...

If You’re a Manager, You’re Already Screwed (Unless You Start Doing This Right Away)

Good managers are hard to come by. Great managers are as rare as gold. Which is why managers might be screwed.People don’t find their managers and leaders as effective anymore. Most people, if not all, can recall experiences with a...

The Test of First-Rate Management

F. Scott Fitzgerald once said, “The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function.”I’ve always loved this quote. Frequently, I’m confronted...

This Most Important Lesson About Community Impact Can Be Learned from Kid Triathlons

3 Easiest Ways to Be More Grateful Starting Today

At eQ we talk often about mindset. An important component of mindset is gratefulness. When talking about being grateful, our mind typically jumps toward positive events - what is going well, what we have accomplished. While all of this serves...

If You’re a Millennial Who Thinks Millennials Will Save the World, Don’t Read This

MILLENNIALS. They’re all the buzz right now, and (as a millennial) why shouldn’t we be?We're the largest generation in the United States – making up 25% of the population. We’re into innovation and supporting causes, pushing off marriage and seizing...

6 Ways to Increase Workplace Collaboration and Liberate Your Teams from Silos

Why do silos exist within corporations? The metaphor itself conjures a tall vertical structure where something valuable is stored, much like information that is held closely in top-down hierarchical organizations. In addition to being a practical result of scale, the...